My doctor gave my kids and I an antobotic eye drop for pinkeye but I think it's virual.became reallyred,swollen,watery discharge,can I stop the drops?

Dr. Stuart Janousky

In brief: Pink Eye

Conjunctivitis can be either viral, bacterial, or allergic.
Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference. If you have already started treatment I would complete the 5 or 7 day course your doctor prescribed. No harm should come if you continue the drops and it is viral.

In brief: Pink Eye

Dr. Stuart Janousky
Dr. Stuart Janousky
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Mgt

I would recommend finishing the prescription as written for three to five days.
The other possible cause is an allergic reaction. An anti histamine for children may help, but if there is no improvement, please see your PCP.

In brief: Mgt

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Jonathan Jassey