I have a bluging Central disc L4/L5, I get nerve pain down certain bits of both legs and feet, comes and goes in the day, is this due to disc?

Dr. Merrill Reuter
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

It most definitely can be from disc bulge.

Dr. Merrill Reuter
Dr. Merrill Reuter
Dr. William Simon
I agree that does sound like central disk bulge symptoms at that level.
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Unlikely, maybe

Unlike disc herniations generally bulges are contained enough , to not cause leg nerve symptoms they are asymptomatic incidental findings in 30% of people over 30 .
A diagnostic spinal injection can help you determine what symptoms can be attributed to the bulge, surgery is less reliable of a treatment for bulges dont treat a bulge like a herniation. bulge symptoms controversial

In brief: Unlikely, maybe

Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Christopher Kager
Neurosurgery

From what you describe, it sounds like the disc is pinching intermittently on the nerves in your spine causing your legs pain.
Options typically are: medication, therapy, injections, surgery.

Dr. Christopher Kager
Dr. Christopher Kager
Dr. Vikram Patel