I lost my job so I've been in my house a lot . But when I need to leave i get all panicky, I never used to be like this. What good be going on with me?

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Agoraphobia is a

condition in which we do not what to leave our safety zone, typically our home.
Sounds like this is early on in the process which is good. Please see a mental health professional for support. The world feels out of control and we create an illusion of control by staying home. Baby step a little more each day out of the house. Peace and good health.

In brief: Agoraphobia is a

Dr. Bernard Seif
Dr. Bernard Seif
Dr. Bradford Romans
Panic is often associated with Depression,as is losing a job.
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Therapy?

Have you yet tried any form of psychotherapy? Typically, the optimal combination of things to treat emotional issues such as symptoms you describe is medication (which, on your best day, is supposed to take the edge off symptoms) but the real gruntwork takes place in psychotherapist's consulting room. THERE IS NO SHAME IN ASKING A FRIEND TO TAKE YOU.
NO JUDGEMENT FROM ANYONE!!

In brief: Therapy?

NO JUDGEMENT FROM ANYONE!!
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Donald Gieck
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Anxiety?

Brief description sounds like anxiety, possibly a panic attack.
Symptoms often include shortness of breath, racing heart or other sensations in the chest, feeling of dread, or a feeling of losing control. Notice buspirone as active med - history of anxiety? If so that may increase risk of other anxiety symptoms. Recommend followup with provider. If worsens it could develop into agoraphobia.

In brief: Anxiety?

Dr. Donald Gieck
Dr. Donald Gieck
Dr. Eric Weisman