Miss my period because I change birth control. No withdrawal bleed in two weeks. Pregnancy test negative. Now having painful intercourse.

Dr. Vahe Yetimyan
General Practice

In brief: Painful sex

There can be multiple causes.
Dryness is one of them. More time to foreplay increases lubrication of the vagina. You can also use water based lubricant. Also decreased estrogen in the blood increase dryness of the vagina. You can get that checked. If it is low estrogen hormone supplement can help. Another cause is vaginismus which to treat is much more difficult. You need to see an expert gyn.

In brief: Painful sex

There can be multiple causes.
Dr. Adam Levy