I am a 21 year old female and have a rapidly spreading rash that started on my right side and has now taken over the trunk of my body.

Spreading rash. A wide spread rash has to be checked by your doctor or dermatologist. So see your Dr soon, at the mean time you can try zyrtic or benadryl (diphenhydramine) if you're itching. Good luck.