ear pain, ENT put peroxide in it this morning and I instilled cortisporin (neomycin polymyxin and hydrocortisone) in it tonight for infection. Is this a combination to be concerned about?

Dr. Ernest Degidio

In brief: Should be fine

The peroxide was, likely, to help remove ear wax, though it can, also, be used to kill germs.
The cortisporin (neomycin polymyxin and hydrocortisone) is for infection and/or inflammation. So, cortisporin (neomycin polymyxin and hydrocortisone) should help if there is an infection like swimmer ear (AKA Otis externa) in two ways: 1) kills germs, 2) makes it less red and painful. I wouldn't put both peroxide and cortisporin (neomycin polymyxin and hydrocortisone) in your ear at the same time, but hours apart is fine.

In brief: Should be fine

Dr. Ernest Degidio
Dr. Ernest Degidio
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine