My son is 3 he has had grommets put in. ...my gp has given me olive oil to use but should i?

In brief: I wouldn't

The material can carry germs normally sitting in the outer canal into the middle ear space, where it could trigger inflammation.
The oil may also enter the middle ear where it does not belong or plug the tiny hole in the grommet.The grommets are inserted to insure that the middle ear space remains filled with air.

In brief: I wouldn't

Dr. Nadia Ghattas

In brief: Olive oil

Putting olive oil in the ears after having ear tube is not a routine practice in the U S A, but it is done oin Europe & other countries.
Use your judgment & talk to your doctor. Good luck.

In brief: Olive oil

Dr. Nadia Ghattas
Dr. Nadia Ghattas
Dr. Shontae Buffington