I had rough sex a couple days ago and bled since then I have to urinate all the time. It doesn't hurt. What's causing it?

Dr. Richard Roberts
Clinical Genetics

In brief: Honeymoon cystitis?

If you haven't had sex for quite a while, or never had sex, the urethra (tube through which the bladder empties) may become irritated, causing these symptoms--but usually no blood unless the hymen was opened However, it usually burns when you urinate.
A UTI is also possible. The blood and urinary frequency is of concern--get checked by your Ob/Gyn.

In brief: Honeymoon cystitis?

Dr. Richard Roberts
Dr. Richard Roberts
Dr. Wayne Ingram

In brief: Possible UTI

It may be due to a urinary tract infection for which you need to see a MD and get diagnosed and treated.

In brief: Possible UTI

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Adam Levy