Today is 5-11. Drs say I am 8 weeks 3 days pregnant and that I conceived probably between 4-24 and 4-26. I don't understand as that's leas than 8 wks?

Dr. Mary David

In brief: Dating

By convention pregnancies are dated from the first day of the last menstrual period.
This goes back to well before we had ways to know when ovulation occured and pregnancy actually started. Ovulation, in a 28 day cycle, occurs 2 weeks after your period starts so the pregnancy is usually 2 weeks or so less than the gestational dates which can be confusing I know. Hope this helps.

In brief: Dating

Dr. Mary David
Dr. Mary David
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham