I have interstitial cystitis. I was wondering if someone could please explain to me what may be causing it and what I could do for the pain. ?

Dr. Atul Singh
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: IC

This is a condition where there is inflammation within your bladder wall.
This is not a common condition. How were you dx, most cases need a cystoscopy and biopsy. I would talk to your Urologist and see if a culture was send and the results of the same. Also if a biopsy was taken. Seeing a Urologist is warranted. Hope this helps. Best of luck

In brief: IC

Dr. Atul Singh
Dr. Atul Singh
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice

In brief: Be wary

19y fem. w. "Interstitial cystitis" & pain.
IC is a diagnostic label & speculative disorder absent known etiology. Urgency & frequency in teen absent objective UTI findings is odd. IC highly associated w. Hypermobility Syndrome & oft found in those w. sacroiliac joint, SIJ, disorder. IMO, IC is functional disorder mediated by parasympathetic presacral nerves impinged by contiguous disordered SIJ.

In brief: Be wary

Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Amongst my industrial injury clients have been females whose IC symptoms remitted after they had surgical fusion of a disordered & hypermobile sacroiliac joint caused by lifting and slip & fall injuries; diagnosed & treated via Occupational Disabilities Guidelines, ODG, criteria.
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine