Had UTI and took pills and it clear up. A few weeks later I had sores on my privates . Then I had a sore throat and sore in my mouth. STD test is neg?

Dr. H. hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Genital herpes?

Genital herpes is the most common cause of genital sores, perhaps with simultaneous oral herpes.
Other STDs, e.g. syphilis. Some non-STD viral infections and certain kinds of dermatitis can do it, especially if also skin rash elsewhere. Yeast infection from the prior antibiotic, but pretty late for that. See doc ASAP -- the sooner the better for accurate diagnosis and most effective treatment.

In brief: Genital herpes?

Dr. H. hunter Handsfield
Dr. H. hunter Handsfield
Dr. H. hunter Handsfield
Don't assume it's not herpes or other STD just because of recent negative STD tests. Herpes is usually not tested unless there are sores at the time, and a syphilis blood test takes several weeks to become positive. Also, some STDs can cause similar symptoms as UTI.
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine