I was wondering I have been taking vitamin c and vitamin d for a year. Have I overdosed myself. If so how do I know. Are there any symptoms?Also I have heard to take calcium supplements with vitamin d. What if I don't is it serious? But i take vitamin c a

Dr. William Simon
Integrative Medicine

In brief: Vit c, vit d

You don't say how much you have taken.
Vitamin C is hard to overdose on, especially if you are sick or stressed. Side effects would include heartburn, reflux and diarrhea. Vit D however, is fat soluble and therefor, more prone to overdose. I have pts take 2-5000 IUs daily. Overdose Symptoms include increased calcium, kidney problems, weakness, nausea and vomiting.

In brief: Vit c, vit d

You don't say how much you have taken.
Dr. William Simon
Dr. William Simon
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine