Can Depakote help to alleviate hallucination symptoms or cause them?

In brief: Can certainly cause

Depakote, terms of psychiatric effects is mostly used when trying to stabilize a person's mood and treat things such as Rage/Anger of an excessive nature or when someone becomes manic or undirectable.
I don't that it is used to any extent in the treatment of hallucinations. For neurologists DEPAKOTE is most useful as an antiseizure as well as headache treatment medication.

In brief: Can certainly cause

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Georgia Latham

In brief: Both

Depakote is an anticonvulsant and mood stabilizer used to treat several conditions, including: epilepsy, bipolar disorder, and migraine headaches.
In bipolar disorder, depakote's mood stabilizing affect helps to prevent auditory hallucinations which can occur in extreme depression or mania. Hallucinations have been reports as a side effect of depakote, but this is very uncommon.

In brief: Both

Dr. Georgia Latham
Dr. Georgia Latham