I've had sex a few times without being to a gynaecologist yet. I'm going to be seeing one soon but are my chances for cancer high because of that?

Dr. Kashif Abdullah

In brief: It depends

Having unprotected sex can put you at risk for HPV especially with multiple partners.
HPV is a virus that has the potential to cause changes to the cervix that might lead to cervical cancer. I would first advise you and all girls and boys to receive the HPV vaccine that helps prevent infection of HPV.I would also advise you use birth control (pills,or IUD) and most importantly protection (condoms)

In brief: It depends

Dr. Kashif Abdullah
Dr. Kashif Abdullah

In brief: Risky sequel behavie

No. .
...Just having sex before seeing gynecologist is not the risk factor, but who you have unprotected see with? Exposing yourself to STD, HIV, HPV, WARTS, Hep B, Hep C ..... etc. Having ck up with gyn you get information regarding safe sex, vaccination, contraception, counseling for prevention & screening of health risks ..

In brief: Risky sequel behavie

No. .
Dr. Farida Ghoghawala
Dr. Farida Ghoghawala
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham