I have a persistent, non-albicans vaginal yeast infection. I have been treated with itracanazole and boric acid. Are there any other treatments?

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Candida

This depends entirely on the species of Candida and its potential sensitivity to antifungals.
What is more, sometimes it may be difficult to eliminate Candida without co-treatment of your sexual partner. You must also be aware that difficulty in elimination of Candida may be a manifestation of immune deficiency. Have you been tested for HIV? See an infectious diseases expert. Good luck.

In brief: Candida

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff