Do skin tags have roots? I removed what i thought was a skin tag from my penis, it had a long hairlike root

Dr. Edward Seegers

In brief: Skin tags.

Hi OStein ~ no, skin tags do not have roots.
What you removed was probably an in-grown hair with some hypertrophy of tissue at base. If its gone, have no fear, it will stay gone !

In brief: Skin tags.

Dr. Edward Seegers
Dr. Edward Seegers
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology

In brief: SKIN TAGS

SKIN TAGS DO NOT HAVE ROOTS.

In brief: SKIN TAGS

SKIN TAGS DO NOT HAVE ROOTS.
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt
Pathology

In brief: Probably a wart

Thanks for your question.
I know you're tough and I admire you for it, but perhaps this is something your physician can help you with. Chances are that the little thing was HPV and it would great if your physician keeps an eye on that part of your body. HPV can give you and those you love worse than warts.

In brief: Probably a wart

Thanks for your question.