Is it normal to bowel movement only pebbles for a couple days, then have to bowel movement five times in one day?

Dr. Andrew Seibert
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Not usual, but...

although the pattern you described is not usual, some variation in the amount and frequency of bowel movements is not abnormal.
As long as you're not having pain or bleeding, and as long as the stool consistency is fairly normal, I wouldn't worry. Increasing fiber in the diet will help regulate this. A fiber supplement each day, such as Metamucil, can help. Increasing fluid intake is also vital.

In brief: Not usual, but...

Dr. Andrew Seibert
Dr. Andrew Seibert
Dr. William Forsythe