When a person never has a hangover & has to keep alcohol in them at all times to function how severe is their alcoholism?

Very Severe. If you can't function with out alcohol in your system all the time you are an alcoholic. How can it be any worse unless you are totally wasted 24 hours a day. Time to get help right now. This affects everyone around you wether you think so or not. I know I have family with similar concerns, you will never regret it!
Serious. At this stage a person has been drinking for years and needs alcohol to feel normal. They are likely to engage in reckless behavior such as driving while intoxicated or stealing ..especially liquor to ward off withdrawal (tremors, seizures, hallucinations), may have suicidal behavior or violent outbursts. Liver, kidneys likely failing. Hospital for detox or rehab is necessary.