Benicar (olmesartan) 40.12.5mg for hypertension. Lately right eye hurts in the a.m. Allergy eye drops no help. today vision a little blurry in that eye. help pleas

Dr. Jack Rubin
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Eye pain on Benicar (olmesartan)

Please see an ophthalmologist (O) as soon as possible.
Your eye problem is almost certainly not due to any blood pressure medications you are on. Please go see an O ASAP.

Dr. Jack Rubin
Dr. Jack Rubin
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams

In brief: Advice only!

We can't help you in any way except to convince you to see an eye doctor, either a ophthalmologist or a qualified optometrist, right a way.
The combination of eye pain and vision loss can indicate a serious condition that needs prompt & proper treatment to avoid permanent loss of vision. Please take this advice seriously. I wish you the best.

In brief: Advice only!

Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Dr. Umesh Patel