My progesterone level is 5 on day 20 of 34 day cycle. On other cycles it wasn't more than 3. So does it mean I am going to ovulate?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham

In brief: Recheck

With a 34 day cycle you would ovulate on about cycle day 20.
The progesterone level increases after ovulation so you may be checking a bit too soon to see the rise. It may be more informative to check the progesterone level on cycle day 27 to 30. By then, if you have ovulated it will be elevated and if you have conceived it will even be much higher. Good luck.

In brief: Recheck

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Both levels of 3 & 5 are lower than we would expect on CD 20 of a normal ovulatory cycle. However, since your cycles are 34 days, checking the level a few days later, as Dr. Higginbottham suggests, is a good idea. If it's still below 30, tell your fertility specialist. If you're ovulating but not producing enough progesterone, the ovum might not imlpant even if you conceived. Good luck!
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham