Besides Zantac (ranitidine) and prilosec what else can you use for constant acid from an ulcer?

Several meds. Besides those two, there are at least 6 to 8 other medications which can be used for chronic acid problems. If you have given those medicines a try and they have been unsuccessful, I would return to your primary care doctor or gastroenterologist for any other evaluation which may be needed, and potentially for a prescription for a new medication. Good luck.

Related Questions

Is it possible to develop an ulcer while taking Prilosec and zantac (ranitidine)?

Yes. Yes, it's still possible. If you think you've developed one or are having symptoms, you should see your physician.

I have a peptic ulcer (not diagnosed by doctor). Should I take both ranitidine and Prilosec, or just one?

One. Prilosec would be the most likely of the two to adequately treat an ulcer. However, it is not a good idea to assume you have a peptic ulcer based on symptoms. You should speak with a physician about your troubles.

Have superficial gastric ulcers. Cant take Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) or protonix. Prilosec 2x a day is not helping. Dont have reflux. Got zantac. How should I take it?

Twice a day.. If you are having problems with your medications, you need to speak to your pcp or gastroenterologist. You need to avoid nsaids like aleve, Motrin, asa. You can try zantac (ranitidine) at a twice a day dose, but still suggest follow up with the doctor.