What is more effective for asthma maintemsnce dulera (formoterol and mometasone) or advair?

Dr. Arin Aboulian
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Essentially the same

Advair is fluticasone (steroid) and salmeterol (long acting Beta agonist); Dulera (formoterol and mometasone) is mometasone (steroid) and formoterol (long acting Beta agonist).
I do not know what doses you have been prescribed, but you should not be on both Advair and Dulera (formoterol and mometasone). It should be one or the other. I have used both for my patients and it comes does to personal preference and ease of use.

In brief: Essentially the same

Dr. Arin Aboulian
Dr. Arin Aboulian
Dr. Michael Sanders
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology

In brief: Advair

Hands down, no comparison

In brief: Advair

Hands down, no comparison
Dr. Michael Sanders
Dr. Michael Sanders
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology