I washed my sex toy in dish washing soap and it got in my vagina causing an awful reaction. What over the counter topical steroid cream can I get that will get rid of swelling (internal and external) and pain? I am already being treated for the yeast infe

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Confusing....

Hmm... Confusing situation.
I doubt dish washing soap would cause such a severe reaction. Maybe allergy to the plastic (or whatever the toy is made of)? If there have been sexual exposures with partners, maybe it's an STD e.g. herpes. This isn't something you should be trying to sort out on your own. See your doctor, ideally whoever diagnosed and is treating your yeast infection. Good luck!

In brief: Confusing....

Hmm... Confusing situation.
Dr. Kent Childs

In brief: Toy

Consider using over-the-counter refresh vaginal inserts.
This will lubricate and also return the normal pH. Most importantly probiotics and double thedose for the next 10 days. You can use hydrocortisone cream on the outside but not vaginally.

In brief: Toy

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham