My father was unable to have open heart surgery yesterday his heart was too destroyed. They gave him a 40% chance to live, what does that mean? The say he needs a new heart or he will die, he is not on the transplant list and his defibrillator goes off da

Dr. Anita Prakash
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Get a 2nd opinion

Take your father to an academic center in your state with heart failure capabilities for treatment & best chance for survival

In brief: Get a 2nd opinion

Dr. Anita Prakash
Dr. Anita Prakash
Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: This is tragic

There must be more information that is relevant.
The truth is, medicine and doctors are not always successful and not everyone can be saved. I am, and we in medicine all are sorry for this circumstance. HRS, MD, FACC

In brief: This is tragic

Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology