My mom is a cancer patient at night she has severe leg pain I was told she could take Claritin (loratadine) for the pain. Is this true?

Dr. Jessica Allan

In brief: Good question

I could not believe it either but I researched it and there is data that if your mom is taking Neulasta or pegfilgrastim a granulocyte colony stimulating factor; Claritin (loratadine) is used to ease bone pain.
Neulasta causes the body to make more Neutrophils white blood cells. White blood cells fight infections. Neulasta is given to reduce the risk of infection during chemotherapy. Pain control important.

In brief: Good question

Dr. Jessica Allan
Dr. Jessica Allan
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham