Azithromycin 250mg, I took the 1st dose which is 2 pills & then I took 1 pill the following day. How long will the medication stay in my system for?

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Half life 68 hours

We use the term "half life" to get an idea of how long a drug/medication will stay in a person's system. The half life is how long it takes for half of the medication to be metabolized.
The half life of a single 500 mg dose of azithromycin is 68 hours. In 68 hours,1/2 of that should be detectable. But then you have to factor in subsequent doses! So you can see, it hangs around for quite a while.

In brief: Half life 68 hours

Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Arnon Rubin