I keep coughing despite taking "strong" doses of prescibed cough/cold medication. Is it a lung-related illness? I have had bronchiolitis in the past.

Dr. Neigatha Graney

In brief: See Your Doctor Now

There can several causes for persistent cough; most are directly related to lung disease/illness.
However certain conditions of the upper respiratory tract can also generate cough. Duration of your cough is important to know. Cough/cold medication can ease cough but is not therapeutic & can lead to delay seeking medical care. Exam is needed. See your doctor now for prompt diagnosis and treatment.

In brief: See Your Doctor Now

Dr. Neigatha Graney
Dr. Neigatha Graney
Dr. Shontae Buffington