Why do I have red hands during the winter months? They are either very cold, which is typical, and occasionally they are very hot. I'm not a diabetic.

Dr. Shane Parmer
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: Hyperemic Response
In many individuals cold exposure to the hands causes the vessels to dilate and a hyperemic response occurs.
The result is usually very warm, very red skin changes. It can be the body’s response to cold where the tissues can become ischemic with build-up of toxins due to the decreased circulation. This response helps wash toxins away and the tissue to recover.

In brief: Hyperemic Response
Dr. Shane Parmer
Dr. Shane Parmer
In brief: See doctor
Vasculitis need to be considered including reynauds disease.

In brief: See doctor
Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi
Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi