I'm 16&have untreated Plagiocephaly , i wore a helmet as a baby, but it didn't help treat it. I suffer from a daily migraine disorder, could this be linked to it? and is it treatable? I hate the shape of my head!! thank you!!

Dr. William Singer
Pediatrics - Neurology

In brief: Not related to shape

Your migraine headaches are unlikely to be related to your head shape.
You should see a neurologist for help with treatment of the headaches. At this time, altering your head shape will be a very difficult issue since the bones of your skull have been fused for many years.

In brief: Not related to shape

Dr. William Singer
Dr. William Singer
3 comments
Dr. Edward Seegers
aka "flat head syndrome" : A benign condition that causes no significant medical repercussion later in life. None. Migraine has its own etiology.
Dr. Nadia Ghattas
Same idea
Dr. Nadia Ghattas

In brief: Daily headache

If have daily headaches, wheather related to the shape of your head or not , it is time to see a neurologist for neurological exam, evaluatiom & work up.
I hope you feel better soon. Good luck.

In brief: Daily headache

I hope you feel better soon. Good luck.
Dr. Nadia Ghattas
Dr. Nadia Ghattas
Dr. Richard Roberts
Clinical Genetics

In brief: You were treated.

If you wore a helmet as an infant, that was the only and best treatment for altering head shape then and now.
It would have beeneffectie to some degree. Did you have craniosynostosis? Are you sure the diagnosis of plagiocephaly was correct?

In brief: You were treated.

Dr. Richard Roberts
Dr. Richard Roberts
Dr. Cindy Juster