I've been prescribed a prednisone taper and amoxicillin for what are essentially chronically bad allergies. What side effects should I be aware of?

Dr. Edward Seegers

In brief: Pred taper and amoxi

Hi IlyaM~ the pred taper is the important one and then it depends of startng dose.
If starting dose is above 60mg-80mg which we give for acute allergy breathing probems and various conditions like flares of rheumatoid and SLE, the side effects of steroid are many I attach a list here. Below 60mg to start with, and so there shd be no real side effect. Amoxiil can give PENICILLIN ALLERGY and diarrea

In brief: Pred taper and amoxi

Dr. Edward Seegers
Dr. Edward Seegers
Dr. Marsha Davis