Was being choked (under my consent) during sex. I have pain under the left side of my jaw. The lymph node feels slightly swollen. Should I be worried?

Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: See MD

I would recommend seeing the MD to evaluate the area.
It is always possible in a choking situation that the bone under your throat/jaw (hyoid bone) can be damaged / broken. Important to have this checked as soon as possible. Urgent care, ER, family MD -- get seen while you are still having symptoms. This is how fatal accidents can happen. Good Luck.

In brief: See MD

Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. Louise Andrew
While I don't disagree that you can't be too careful in this area, if you are not having significant pain and the swelling is soft and feels like a lymph node, it is unlikely that you have a broken bone. It also would not stop hurting if it is broken, and you would expect more symptoms. So don't be too alarmed, and let us know how you are doing. Again, have and use a safeword and have a plan!
Dr. Louise Andrew
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Just be careful

If you have no bruise, swelling, or difficulty talking, breathing or swallowing it is probably not a problem. Might even be completely unrelated.
However, if you do have any of the above other than a bruise, you need to be checked for injury. Don't ever try to pass out even in play. You might not wake up. Always discuss what to do if worst happens. Do you have a safeword? Was it used?

In brief: Just be careful

Dr. Louise Andrew
Dr. Louise Andrew
Dr. Arnon Rubin