I'm 26 years old and weigh 150lbs and height 5'5" am I overweight? I had a baby 9 months ago, before pregnant I was 120 lbs. Should I go back to 120 lbs? or is that underweight for me. I've been stuck at 150 lbs for the last 3 months. What can I do? I'

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Upper end of normal

Your current weight and height suggest a body mass index, BMI, of 25 which is at the upper end of normal.
YEARS ago, when I was in medical school, we were taught that ideal weight was 100# for a woman 5 feet in height; then add 5 pounds per inch, so for 5'5"--125 pounds. This is pretty close. If more muscular, a little higher..a range of 125-135 pounds would be ideal. You could also aim for 22-26% body fat. Continue healthy eating, cut a few more calories, exercise a little more, ENJOY your baby:)

In brief: Upper end of normal

Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Julie Abbott