I can't get to the dentist until the end of the week I'm in a lot of pain from an absessed tooth my face is swollen can you help me with some antibiotic and something for the pain?

In brief: Get to the Dentist

A swollen face is a very worrisome sign that the infection has spread from the tooth and jawbone into the soft tissues of the face.
Left untreated this can become quite dangerous, even life threatening. This is an emergency.

In brief: Get to the Dentist

Dr. Steven Pohlhaus
Dr. Steven Pohlhaus
Dr. Daniel Quon
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Need to be seen ASAP

An abscessed tooth with facial swelling is not something to delay treatment for. Depending on where the abscessed tooth is and the degree of facial swelling, waiting for an extended period of time could result in a more serious problem and more extensive treatment.
See your dentist ASAP, or your primary care physician if your are unable to get in with your dentist.

In brief: Need to be seen ASAP

Dr. Daniel Quon
Dr. Daniel Quon
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: See a dentist ASAP

Any other treatment like NSAIDs or Tylenol (acetaminophen) OTC, antibiotics is a temporary relief.
The tooth infection you speak of can may spread to your jaw and to other areas of your head and neck. I would strongly encourage you to seek treatment at your dentist ASAP since those complications can occur at anytime. Call 1-800 dentist for referral.

In brief: See a dentist ASAP

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman

In brief: Abscessed tooth

You could go on health tap prime for a prescription, but , an abscessed tooth is significant and even with anitibiotics we recommend seeing a dentist the next day , this is especially true if there is swelling because there may be a pocket of pus that will not get better till lanced.

In brief: Abscessed tooth

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: DDS, MD, or ER

You need antibiotics now.
See your DDS ideally, or MD, or to to ER. Then you need to have tooth treated.

In brief: DDS, MD, or ER

You need antibiotics now.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry

In brief: You can't wait

A swollen face can be a very serious infection.
You cannot wait until the end of the week. You need to be seen today.

In brief: You can't wait

Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Sandra Eleczko

In brief: Emergency Appt

Make the appointment a priority and be seen today.
A severe infection cannot wait and may need more attention than just antibiotics. Feel better soon...

In brief: Emergency Appt

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Why not

If you had a roaring infection anywhere else in your body you would seek immediate treatment.
This can't wait. Spreading infection can damage other organ systems. Don't put this off any longer. With a little time on the phone you can find a Dentist, Endodontists, or Oral Surgeon who can see you today. Make the time.

In brief: Why not

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Vikram Patel