I was prescribed metronidazole. I use feminine wash (outside, never inside vagina) but I read that you shouldn't use it while taking this.Is that tru?

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Probably a good idea

Metronidazole oral tablets are most typically prescribed for a trichomonas vaginal infection.
While there are no specific instructions about avoiding "external washing" while taking this, one would want to avoid anything that could alter the vaginal pH in order to optimize the expected effect of these antibiotics. It probably is a good idea to avoid your external wash. Good wishes:)

In brief: Probably a good idea

Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Jane Van Dis