Can I put wax on Hawley retainer on the acrylic part? I got a new retainer which took the shape of my moved teeth. Can I 'modify' it with wax?

In brief: No

Wax, as you know, is soft, and will do nothing to hold your teeth in their place.
Have your orthodontist evaluate the appliance and modify it properly if needed.

In brief: No

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis

In brief: Not likely

Wax would not be strong enough to hold shape or change your teeth but a retainer can be made from an altered model of your teeth similar to spring Hawley that may help regain the original shape of your arch

In brief: Not likely

Dr. Anthony Sharber
Dr. Anthony Sharber
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: DIY dangerous

Do It Yourself treatment is at best ineffective, at worst dangerous.
If you feel your retainer needs an adjustment, see the Dentist or Orthodontic Specialist who made it for you.

In brief: DIY dangerous

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Jack Hinkle