Can part of a tampon break off while in use? I used one last night before bed and woke up with no period until later that night. This is not normal.

Dr. Alvin Lin
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

Just about anything can break, although tampons normally don't.
With that said, I suspect you want to know what to do next, right? 2 choices: check inside yourself - you can't lose anything inside your vagina b/c it's like a pouch. Or go to ER or see your Family Doc/GYN/Planned Parenthood for someone else to take a look see. Of note, irregular menses are common but so are STDs/STIs w/o condom use.

Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Frank Kuitems

yes

yes
Dr. Frank Kuitems
Dr. Frank Kuitems
Dr. Adam Levy