Can fatigue cause slurred speech? I only got 4 hours of sleep last night and I've been dragging today. A couple times I was stumbling on my words and it kind of freaked me out a little.

Dr. Marius Frasie

In brief: POSSIBLE

ANY OTHER SYMPTOMS?

In brief: POSSIBLE

ANY OTHER SYMPTOMS?
Dr. Marius Frasie
Dr. Marius Frasie

Short answer, but yes.

Short answer, but yes.
Dr. Mark Dickson
Dr. Mark Dickson
Dr. Linda Gromko

In brief: Be careful.

We are trained to think of slurred speech or difficulty with word finding as symptoms of stroke! That said, it is possible to be less "sharp" when you are exhausted.
If you have difficulty with numbness or weakness of part of your body, or new vision trouble in addition, you must be evaluated by a doctor. Certainly, if your symptoms don't clear up with rest, get evaluated.

In brief: Be careful.

Dr. Linda Gromko
Dr. Linda Gromko