My ear& jaw have been hurting for a week. Thinking its TMJ otc pain med no help, what can I do. Heat help soso, but not enough what can I do?

In brief: TMJ pain

more information would certainly be needed to make a proper evaluation of the cause of the pain.
I would suggest seeing your dentist as soon as possible to see what the possible causes might be

In brief: TMJ pain

Dr. Robert Goldenberg
Dr. Robert Goldenberg
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: TMJ syndrome

Symptoms of TMJ disorders may include: pain or tenderness of your jaw.
Then pain can be felt at the side of the head, the ear, the cheek, the lower jaw, and the teeth. See your dentist to diagnose and treat TMJ syndrome.

In brief: TMJ syndrome

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: TMJ?

First you need to find out if the problem is actually TMD\TMJoint pain.
This can only be determined by seeing a dentist for a one on one clinical exam and x-rays. Rather than merely covering up the pain, the actual cause of TMJoint pain needs to be addressed or you will merely continue to have chronic pain. There are conservative treatments available to eliminate\reduce\prevent your discomfort.

In brief: TMJ?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Vikram Patel