Noticed my toungue looked black/green,brushed my teeth n tongue & I see black specks in sm. Cracks on front half & still dark on back,slight sore thrt?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Black/green tongue

is a temporary, harmless oral condition that gives your tongue a dark appearance.
Typically it doesn't cause any health problems and is usually painless. However, if concerned, see your dentist for consultation. Take care.

In brief: Black/green tongue

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Tongues

Cracks on the tongue are quite common and usually normal anatomy.
Many things can stain the tongue. This might be related to smoking, medications, vitamin supplements, inadequate oral hygiene just to mention a few possibilities. See your own dentist for a proper evaluation and recommendations.

In brief: Tongues

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Robert Douglas
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Keep It Clean

Keep brushing your mouth and tongue.
If it isn't better in a week, see a dentist. You might have a fungal infection

In brief: Keep It Clean

Keep brushing your mouth and tongue.
Dr. Robert Douglas
Dr. Robert Douglas
Dr. Vicken Poochikian