I have suffered from generalised anxiety syndrome and depression. for years. I was on Paxil for 12 years symptom free, but because of weight gain was put on Zoloft five years ago, which gave up after 2 years. Then Lexapro, which worked for only 1 year,

Dr Michael Welsh
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Additional info need

Your question was cut off.
I assume you are under the care of a psychiatrist. It may be helpful to consult with another provider if you feel you need a second opinion. Also, therapy is very helpful talking through your concerns.

In brief: Additional info need

Your question was cut off.
Dr Michael Welsh
Dr Michael Welsh
Dr Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Therapy?

Have you yet tried any form of psychotherapy? Typically, the optimal combination of things to treat emotional issues such as depression is medication (which, on your best day, is supposed to take the edge off symptoms) but the real gruntwork takes place in psychotherapist's consulting room.

In brief: Therapy?

Dr Andrew Berry
Dr Andrew Berry
Dr Bennett Machanic