What are the chances that I have lyme d. if I got bitten by a deer tick 6 weeks ago?Was in for 5minNow I have a light 1cm in diameter rash on the spot

In brief: 5 min. is too short

On the West Coast, the western black-legged tick can bite humans, and can cause Lyme disease, after feeding for 24-48 hours.
A later blood test can help tell if a person got infected. The doctor may treat with antibiotics if the lab finds "Lyme bacteria", if the bite site has a bull's-eye rash, or if there are other worries, such as a lot of irritation and maybe a skin infection at the bite site.

In brief: 5 min. is too short

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine