Is it possible for ativan (lorazepam) to give you anxiety I took .25 and I went into a panic attack. Is that not enough to work with bad anxiety Can't talk to pcp?

Dr. Stephen Kibrick
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Unlikely

Ativan (lorazepam) can cause tachycardia (rapid heart rate), but if you only took 0.
25 mg by mouth, it is unlikely due to the drug. Are you taking any other medication or drugs? Usual adult dose is higher for "bad anxiety" but you should consult with your prescribing MD before changing your dose. Recc you contact psychologist who treats anxiety disorders. Bad anxiety is best treated with both CBT and meds.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Stephen Kibrick
Dr. Stephen Kibrick
Dr. Steven Griggs
Clinical Psychology

In brief: If you are allergic

to Ativan (lorazepam), (lorazepam) then yes.
But, Ativan (lorazepam) should help relax you, which might be a trigger in your brain that you are losing control--THE very dynamic underlying anxiety. I've had clients drink one beer, thinking it might relax them, and then having a panic attack for this same reason. Seems paradoxical. Talk to a psychiatrist for this one.

In brief: If you are allergic

Dr. Steven Griggs
Dr. Steven Griggs
Dr. Eric Weisman