Should one see a neurologist for dx of sciatica?

Options. Your primary care doctor is a great place to start. They can coordinate your care with any needed specialists. In some communities, Physiatrists (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation specialists) give non-surgical management of back and leg pain, in some others it may be Neurologists or even pain management specialists. Surgical treatment can be from Orthopedic or Neurosurgical specialists!