I sneeze alot, this has been happening for past two years plus. And my nose feels runny a lot of the time so I sniff a lot too. Whats wrong with me?

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Rhinitis

You have rhinitis, that's doctor talk for an inflamed nose.
Sneezing is a classic symptom of allergic rhinitis although it can sometimes be due to irritation like strong odors or smoke. That's called nonallergic rhinitis. Your doctor can prescribe medication. An allergist can find out the cause of your symptoms, help you avoid the causes, and perhaps administer allergy injections to cure you.

In brief: Rhinitis

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
2 comments
Dr. Dean Kardassakis
I agree with what Steve told you, and I just wanted to add sneezing is not usually a habit so rhinitis is more likely.
Dr. Martin Ostro
Having sneezing and runny nose for 2 years is rhinitis and allergy specialist can test for allergic component (80% of individuals with rhinitis have allergic component). All people with rhinitis have non-allergic component and react to irritants e.g. odors, smoke, cold air, etc.
Dr. Stuart Rhein

In brief: You are allergic

Runny nose, sneezing and sniffing are common symptoms of allergies, sometimes called hay fever.
There are many medications available to treat these symptoms. Allergists are physicians who can perform skin tests to determine the causes for these symptoms.

In brief: You are allergic

Dr. Stuart Rhein
Dr. Stuart Rhein
Dr. William Forsythe