I had a urine culture done and it came back with Klebisella Pneumonae. Started macrobid yesterday. How worried should I be? Allergic to everything els

Dr. H. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Common cause of UTI

Despite the name pneumoniae, which seems to suggest a predilection for lung infections, Klebsiella is one of the more common causes of urinary tract infection (UTI).
Your doctor probably will check the results of testing to determine which antibiotics work well against your particular strain, to make sure nitrofurantoin (Macrobid®) will be effective. No serious worries; you should do fine.

In brief: Common cause of UTI

Dr. H. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. H. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine