When I tilt my head down, pain shoots straight down my neck to middle of my back. Mainly in between my shoulder blades. Dull, aching pain continues then for about 15 minutes.

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Pinched nerve

The bending of your head probably pinches a nerve or nerve root at the spine at the base of the neck or upper back which causes the discomfort to radiate downward.
Disc disease or arthritic spurs can cause the nerve entrapment. A neurologist or neurosurgeon would be best qualified to evaluate,advise you and,if needed,order an mri.

In brief: Pinched nerve

Dr. Peter Kurzweil