I have a red quarter size red dry type patch with little red dots on my shin that's been here for over a year. My regular Dr said its damaged tissue, ?

Need photo. There are many possible causes of such a rash, but if it has been stable for a year, the possible causes are not serious or life threatening. To give a more specific answer will require seeing the rash - if you ask for a consult with a dermatologist, be sure to include a good quality photo of what the skin patch looks like.
Dermatologist. If this lesion stands out and is very different from any other spots on your body,have a dermatologist evaluate it for you to be sure and have peace of mind.