My period is 3 days late and I have been spotting on and off with mild cramping and headaches and fatigue. Should I take a pregnancy test?

Pathology

If you have had unprotected sex since your last period, it would be prudent to do a home pregnancy test.
If the result is negative, repeat the test in 4-5 days, unless you get a period by then. Use first morning urine and follow the instructions for the test carefully. If you do not wish to be pregnant, use contraception all the time, every time. You may consider implanted contraceptive, or IUD. Practice safe sex. Get HPV vaccine.

Dr. Jane Van Dis