I am on suboxone. I find when I drink alcohol I can drink 3 times as much as I used to. I don't get as drunk & never get a hangover. Why is this?

In brief: Not a good idea

By and large, and despite some anecdotes to contradict this, mixing and opiate or partial opiate agonist like Suboxone (a component of Naltrexone) is NOT a good idea.
On the contrary, both can depress the central nervous system, and cause from driving to any activity requiring full attention. Maybe a part time effect from the other component (Naltrexone) will increase the alcohol tolerance.

In brief: Not a good idea

Dr. Enrique Madrigal-segura
Dr. Enrique Madrigal-segura
Dr. Eric Weisman