I had a thyroid panel test and my results are below. Should I be taking medication? TSH - 8.070 T4, Total - 5.4 T3 Uptake Ratio - 26 FreeThyroxine-1.4

Repeat test. Ideally, thyroid panel tests should be evaluated based on the reference range for the laboratory where the tests are performed. Most commonly, the reference range for TSH = 0.5 - 5.5. Although your TSH may be slightly high, you may not need treatment. Your total and free T4 are normal. Results such as these usually warrant retesting in 1-3 months. TSH will often return to normal without treatment.